Monday, February 10, 2014

I got venues on my mind

To the creator of #hashtags and Instagram, thank you very much for being born! Seriously, I've found some pretty awesome wedding venues just by the simplest keyword searches. I'd like to share my top three:

The Mountain Mermaid This place peeked my interest with it's awesome name. It's a historical site  located in the hills of Topanga Canyon. Judging from Google map, I've passed it so many 
time and never noticed it! It was originally built in the 1930s and has been a country club, a gangster's gambling house and once was a gay night spot in the 50's! Now it has transformed to a beautiful hidden historical retreat that offers a tempting wedding package. From the pictures I've seen, my favorite area is probably the Great Room. With it's spacious floor plan and wooden beamed ceilings, I think it has great potentials. 

The Saddlerock Ranch Located under the Malibu Family Wine vineyards-which I believe I've passed by many times as well. (If anyone is wondering how oblivious I am when I'm around this area, its because I'm usually cruising with my fiances on his motor bike and so he goes fast!) The pictures I've seen on Instagram were pretttty impressive. There are four wedding settings across the vineyards and each one is quiet dreamy. However, the site rentals definitely pitched me back to reality!!.. $10k anyone??..But I am still interested in checking this location out in person.

Empire Mine The official site needs a bit "updating" but the place looks magical! It's located in Grass Valley, CA which is about 500 miles north of where I live. From the three place I listed, this is my favorite.(YES,it's because it had the most trees). Here's a better site that shows how beautiful and fairytale like this venue can be :Empire Mine Wedding. I would really love to set some time in the future to visit this location.


No comments:

Post a Comment